Jobs - 2021.
SSCA is a premier Culinary and Hospitality School of esteemed Symbiosis International University,
Pune, India. SSCA offers specialised Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management programmes at
Bachelor’s, Diploma and Certificate levels.
SSCA’s purpose-built campus has one of the best training infrastructures fully laden with state-of-
the-art modern equipment.
Job Position: General Manager, Sandipani Hometel, Symbiosis Pune
Qualifications: Hotel Management Degree with 10 years experience in senior management cadre and 3-4 years as GEneral Manager of a 3 star hotel
- Oversee the operations functions of the Sandipani Hometel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all heads of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including customer service Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carrying out cost savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotel's business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial report for the owners and stakeholders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staff.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
Application Deadline: 25/12/2021
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: as per industry standards
Applications are invited for the following positions:
1. Full time Head of the Department (HoD) (Asst. Professor level) for Culinary Arts vertical- 1
The position requires the candidate to have full time Master’s degree in Hospitality & Hotel
Administration/ Hotel Management/ Culinary Arts and at least 7-8 years teaching experience in the
area of culinary/ food production in a recognised HM or culinary institute or recognized university.
At least 10 years of experience in teaching and/ or hotel industry as a chef including 3 years teaching
experience as instructor
Age limit for direct recruits- not exceeding 45 years
2. Assistant Chef Instructor [Equivalent to Lecturer]
- Bakery and Pastry – 1 position
- International / Indian Cuisine- 1 position
Education and other qualifications for direct recruits-
Full time Master’s degree in Hospitality & Hotel Administration/ Hotel Management/ Culinary Arts
and at least 3-5 years teaching experience in the area of culinary/ food production in a recognised
HM or culinary institute or recognized university.
At least 7 (seven) years of experience in hotel industry as a chef including 2 years teaching
experience as assistant instructor
Age limit for direct recruits- 35-40 years
Please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: only suitable candidates will be contacted for further process.